Thursday, June 4, 2009

Learning to share

Ok, so not everything will be about trying to have a baby on here. We have so much going on in our lives that I'm positive I have lots to share.
I have to share 2 of my children with another mother. I hate it! And what is worse, I have to share them during the week when I am at work 10 hours of the day. I don't get to see them except when I'm tired! I love doing things with them, baking cookies and cakes, going to the pool, watching movies, etc. but I'm so tired during the week that I don't want to do any of those things.
Before school let out we had the boys on the weekends. It was great! Jeff and I were able to spend lots of time with the kids and take them to church. Since school let out, their other mother wants us to have the boys when it is convenient for her - or in other words - when she is working so she doesn't have to pay for daycare. I guess I should be grateful we get to have them at all. That IS a blessing. But I'm a little chapped that it has to be around her needs and desires and not ours. Jeff told her that we (the boys and I) wouldn't be able to spend much time together but she reminded him that they are here for "daddy time" and not "family time."
I just keep reminding myself I love my boys and am grateful for any time I get to have with them. I absolutely love the excitement I see on their faces when I come home - they meet me at the door with hugs and kisses. I love that they get up early just to see me before I go to work. I'm a lucky mama that I get to have them in my life. I'm a lucky mama to have all my children in my life!

1 comment:

juice19 said...

We love you guys so much!!! :) Hope all goes well. We can't wait to see you here in a few weeks.

Sorry we missed Dylans birthday. Tell him happy birthday for us.

Love ya.