Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yes, we want 1 more...

I've decided to keep a blog about trying to get pregnant. Jeff and I have decided we want an child together. This is remarked upon by many with the question, "Why? Don't you have enough?" Well, yes we do have enough, but we want one more - one of our own together - one that is hopefully another girl. We have enough boys!!
Having one more child will make our family total 9 in all. As a child I never thought I would say this, but I love big families! I can't wait for this to happen!
Before I ever met Jeff I decided I would NEVER find a good man who would want me as well as my children. So when I unexpectedly had my last baby, Rhys, I asked to have my tubes tied. My doctors kept telling me not to, that I would find someone and would want a child with them. I felt like I knew so much better than the doctors so I went through with it. Two and a half years later, we want a baby. Now we get to go through the joys of IVF (in-vitro fertilization) which is very expensive and painful (shots in my butt and belly or thighs on a daily basis.) Thank goodness for insurance and my willingness to take on the pain!
So - here is day two actually. Day one was yesterday when I went into my primary care doc to get my yearly exam, along with 4 HUGE and 1 not as huge vials of blood drawn. In order to do IVF I have to have all kinds of preliminary tests. Today I went in again to have more tests taken, these for hormonal purposes so they know what dosages I need to take for the shots.
Next on the radar, I have to get a "trial transfer" to map out how they are going to do the IVF and a hysterosonogram which basically maps out the inside of my uterus to see where to put the embryo on they transfer day. We start the process mid July (after family vacation) and should be looking at the embryo transfer in early August. We get another May baby!
So, any questions? Any comments? We are so excited to do this! I LOVE being pregnant and we LOVE babies! And yes, we love them even when the grow out of being babies - but they are still my babies - even if they are much taller than me!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I haven't done IVF, but I've been through a few cycles of IUI so I can somewhat relate. Yay for raging hormones and lots of needles!